The 2013 iTalent Competition
The HRO Today Forum is now accepting applications for the second iTalent Competition that will take place in London, United Kingdom on November 13th, 2013 at the flagship event.
Have you developed an HR, recruiting or talent management technology innovation? If you have, or if you know of an innovative company that has, then enter them into the 2013 HRO Today Forum iTalent Contest below. Entries will be accepted starting May 15, 2013, through Monday, September 30th, 2013.
In early October, all iTalent entries will be validated and the top 10 entries will then be published on the event website. The top five entries will then be selected to compete in the iTalent Competition and each give a timed, 7-minute HR innovation pitch before the event audience and panel of HR technology experts, industry analysts, HR practitioners and technology investors.
Each iTalent pitch will get an assessment by our panel of experts, and after all presentations the judging panel and audience (at the event and via social media) will vote to select the winner.
The iTalent winner will receive:
- A feature article in HRO Today magazine promoting the winning company and the innovative technology
- Face-time with the judging panel including investors
- One-on-one meetings with attending HR executivesClick here to view iTalent Highlights Video
2012 iTalent Winner
“3Desk (www.3desk.com), a marketplace for freelancers that work face-to-face, is thrilled to be selected as a finalist. We’re a young company that has had over 150k new users sign up in just 3 months and are excited about demonstrating how we aim to disrupt the temporary recruitment market.”
Last year’s winner was 3Desk, which helps employers hire the best freelancers, contractors and consultants. The business was recognised for its staggering growth, acquiring over 140,000 users in just three months; identifying a niche by focusing on people who work on location for a quality wage;
and utilising technology to automatically connect people with opportunities and improve their profile through LinkedIn.
To find out more, visit www.3desk.com.
2012 iTalent Top 5 Finalists
- Peoplefluent (www.peoplefluent.com/ ) – A provider of mobile, social and cloud-based talent management solutions for the entire workforce.
- Small Improvements (https://www.small-improvements.com/) – A web-based performance review system that simplifies 360 degree feedback, performance reviews, and setting goals.
- 3Desk (http://www.3desk.com/) – a platform for employers to hire the best freelancers, contractors and consultants who work ‘in-person’.
- Suited Jobs (http://suitedjobs.com/) – a free app that provides users with a job fit score for their current employer as well as recommendations for future employment based on skill and workplace culture preferences.
- Zapoint, Inc (http://www.zapoint.com/) – Zapoint develops career planning and learning technology that lets companies build more effective partnerships between HR and employees.
2012 iTalent Competition Judging Panel
- David Andrews, CEO of AOI, Chairman of Host of Ideas
- Andy Campbell, HCM Strategy Director, Oracle
- Matt Charney, Director of Marketing, Talent Technology Corporation
- Brad McCaw, Senior Consultant, Towers Watson
- Fiona Reddan, Irish Times
- Paul Hearns, Editor, Computer Scope and Executive Publisher, TechCentral.ie
Executive Grapevine is a leading independent business information and media company. We consistently provide unique content and marketing solutions to the HR, Recruitment, Interim and Finance markets. Our portfolio of products across these sectors covers both digital and traditional publishing, events and business data. In our business, value comes from integrity and accountability – we strive for both every day.
Our business is organised into four key markets, Human Resources, Recruitment, Interim Management and Finance. These divisions each have distinct customer profiles, but also aim to collaborate with each other to ensure that we make the most of the opportunities in each of our markets.
What unites our markets and makes our products unique is our unrelenting focus on corporate talent. Regardless of function or industry we track, share news, study careers, monitor their movements in the executive labour markets, and bring them together to network.
We have ambitious goals for Executive Grapevine. From our relatively humble beginnings as a traditional paper based publisher with a single directory, we have grown over the last 35 years to transform the business into a modern digitally focused media company with customers spanning the globe.
Our future success depends on our ability to innovate as the demands of our customer continually change. I am privileged to be on that journey with some of the most passionate people working in talent management today – their continual focus on our customer satisfaction, product innovation and the development of our people is what makes us different.